Green Mountain College is one of the reputed private liberal arts colleges in Vermont, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Green Mountain College.
Green Mountain College is a private liberal arts college in Poultney, Vermont, United States, at the foot of the Taconic Mountains between the Green Mountains and Adirondacks. It was established in 1834.
Green Mountain is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 134th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Green Mountain collectively offers more than 40 undergraduate major and minor programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Green Mountain College Scholarships
- Green Mountain has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Green Mountain is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 77%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Green Mountain College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Green Mountain College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Green Mountain.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $16,580.
All applicants apply online through the Green Mountain Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Green Mountain writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Green Mountain College.