Grand Valley State University is one of the very good public liberal arts universities in Michigan, United States. Many bright and academically excellent students get good scholarships at Grand Valley University.
Grand Valley State University is a public liberal arts university in Allendale, Michigan, United States. The university was established in 1960.
GVSU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 29th position in Regional Universities Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, GVSU collectively offers more than 100 undergraduate major and minor programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Grand Valley State University Scholarships
- GVSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
GVSU is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 81%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Grand Valley State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Grand Valley State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at GVSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $14,802.
All applicants apply online through the GVSU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- GVSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Grand Valley State University.