Georgian Court University is one of the good catholic universities in New Jersey, United States. Many bright and talented students get good scholarships at Georgian Court University.
Georgian Court University is a private Roman Catholic university in Lakewood Township, New Jersey. It was founded in 1908 by the Sisters of Mercy.
GCU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 134th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, GCU collectively offers more than 50 undergraduate major and minor programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Georgian Court University Scholarships
- GCU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
GCU is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 75%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Georgian Court University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Georgian Court University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at GCU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $26,582.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- GCU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Georgian Court University.