Georgia State University is one of the best public universities in Georgia, United States. Many talented and deserving students get good scholarships at Georgia State University.
Georgia State University is a public research university in Atlanta, Georgia. It was first founded in 1913, it is one of the University System of Georgia’s four research universities.
GSU is one of the reputed universities in Georgia, United States. In fact, it ranks in 167th position of National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 200 majors, minors, and several pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Georgia State University Scholarships
- GSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
GSU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 58%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Georgia State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Georgia State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at GSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $14,142.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- GSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Honors and Scholarship Priority: November 15
Notification: December 15
Priority Application: March 1
Notification no later than April 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Georgia State University.