George Mason University is one of the reputed public research universities in Virginia, United States. MAny bright and deserving students get good scholarships at George Mason University.
George Mason University is a public research university with its main campus in Fairfax, Virginia. It was initially founded as a branch of the University of Virginia in 1949 but became an independent institution in 1972.
GMU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 140th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, GMU collectively offers more than 140 undergraduate major and minor programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
George Mason University Scholarships
- GMU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
GMU is one of the decently selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 78%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at George Mason University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
George Mason University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at GMU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $9,274.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- GMU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Priority Deadline: November 1
For Regular Decision: January 15
Lastly, here is the official link to George Mason University.