Franklin & Marshall College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many brilliant students join and get good scholarships at Franklin & Marshall College.
Franklin & Marshall College (F&M) is a private residential liberal arts college in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. This college was chartered on June 6, 1787, in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It was named for Benjamin Franklin and John Marshall.
F&M is one of the best universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 33rd position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 65 undergraduate majors and minors covering the fields of STEM, social sciences, arts, and humanities. including a number of interdisciplinary programs.
Franklin & Marshall College Scholarships
- F&M has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- However, it meets the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
- It only provides need-based aid and not merit-based aid.
F&M is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 32%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Franklin & Marshall.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Franklin & Marshall College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the university commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Franklin & Marshall has the financial aid budget of over $60 million.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $54,740.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- F&M writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Franklin & Marshall College.