Florida Southern College is one of the top colleges in the southeast region. Few academically excellent and high achieving students get good scholarships at Florida Southern College.
Florida Southern College is a private college in Lakeland, Florida. The college was first founded as South Florida Institute in Orlando, Florida in 1883, and moved to nearby Leesburg in 1885. Later, in 1922 moved to its current location in Lakeland.
FSC is one of the best private liberal arts colleges in Florida. In fact, it ranks in the 9th in Regional Universities South in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, FSC has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers 70 undergraduate academic programs and majors in the arts, humanities, sciences, and business.
Florida Southern Scholarships
- Florida Southern has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- SOo, it does not meet the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
Florida Southern is one of the selective liberal arts colleges in southeast Florida. It has an acceptance rate of 45%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Florida Southern College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Florida Southern Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, it does not meet full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students.
- FSC has the financial aid budget of over $15 million.
- About 82% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $34,821.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- FSC writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
Notification: Mid December
Lastly, here is the official link to Florida Southern College.