Florida Institute of Technology is one of the top research university at Florida, United States. Many highly talented and motivated students get good scholarships at Florida Institute of Technology.
The Florida Institute of Technology is a private nonprofit doctoral/research university in Melbourne, Florida. The university was founded in 1958 as Brevard Engineering College by Dr. Jerome P. Keuper.
Florida Tech is one of the reputed universities in Florida, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 141st position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 70 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Florida Institute of Technology Scholarships
- Florida Tech has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Florida Tech is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 60%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Florida Institute of Technology.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Florida Institute of Technology Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Florida Tech.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $28,952.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Florida Tech writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Florida Institute of Technology.