Ferris State University is one of the very good public universities in Michigan, United States. Many academically talented and bright students get good scholarships at Ferris State University.
Ferris State University is a public university with its main campus in Big Rapids, Michigan. It was founded in 1884 as the Big Rapids Industrial School by Woodbridge Nathan Ferris.
Ferris is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 83rd position in Regional Universities Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Ferris collectively offers more than 180 undergraduate major and minor programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Ferris State University Scholarships
- Ferris has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Ferris is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 77%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Ferris State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Ferris State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Ferris.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $11,577.
All applicants apply online through the Ferris Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Ferris writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Regular Decision: March 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Ferris State University.