Coppin State University is one of the top historically black universities in the United States. many highly talented students get good scholarships at Coppin State University.
Coppin State University is a public historically black university located in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. It is part of the University System of Maryland. The University is a member-school of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund.
CSU is one of the reputed universities in Maryland, United States. In fact, it ranks in tier 2 of Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Coppin State University Scholarships
- CSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
CSU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 40%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Coppin State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Coppin State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at CSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $11,524.
All applicants apply online through the CSU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- CSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Copper State University.