The College of William & Mary is one of the top public universities in the United States. Many highly talented and high achieving students get good scholarships at the College of William & Mary.
The College of William & Mary is a public research university in Williamsburg, Virginia. Founded in 1693 by letters patent issued by King William III and Queen Mary II. Further, it is the second-oldest institution of higher education in the United States after Harvard University.
W&M is one of the best public research universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks in the 32nd position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, W&M has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers more than 40 majors, 50 minors and several other concentrations across a range of disciplines. This enables students to specialize in practically anything, from accounting to world literature and everything in between.
William and Mary Scholarships
- W&M has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
W&M is one of the most selective public universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 37%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the College of William & Mary.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
William & Mary Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, it typically meets full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students (in-state only) through grants, work-study, and loans.
- Qualifying out-of-state students may receive up to 25% of their full cost of attendance in grant aid.
- W&M has the financial aid budget of over $35 million.
- About 16% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $16,233.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- W&M writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to the College of William & Mary.