Christopher Newport University is one of the good public universities in Virginia, United States. Many bright and highly talented students get good scholarships at Christopher Newport University.
Christopher Newport University is a public liberal arts university in Newport News, Virginia. CNU is the youngest comprehensive university in the Commonwealth of Virginia and founded in 1960.
CNU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 11th position in Regional Universities South in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. CNU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Christopher Newport University Scholarships
- CNU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
CNU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 62%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Christopher Newport University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Christopher Newport University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at CNU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $14,586.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- CNU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Decision: November 15
Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Christopher Newport University.