Case Western Reserve University is one of the best research universities in the United States. Many bright and brilliant students join and get very good scholarships at Case Western Reserve University.
Case Western Reserve University is a private research university in Cleveland, Ohio. It was created in 1967 through the federation of two longstanding contiguous institutions: Western Reserve University, founded in 1826 and named for its location in the Connecticut Western Reserve, and Case Institute of Technology, founded in 1880 through the endowment of Leonard Case.
Case Western is one of the best private research university in the United States. In fact, it ranks in the 37th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, Case Western has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers nearly 100 majors, minors and concentrations across a range of disciplines. This enables students to specialize in practically anything, from accounting to world literature and everything in between.
Case Western Scholarships
- Case Western has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- Despite that, it meets the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
Case Western is one of the most selective private universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 33%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Case Western Reserve University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
- Similarly, students have a keen interest in engaging in research as the majority of CWRU students are involved in the research.
Case Western Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, it meets full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students through grants, work-study, and loans.
- Case Western has the financial aid budget of over $45 million.
- About 62% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $30,183.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Case Western writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Case Western Reserve University.