Carnegie Mellon University is one of the top leading research university in the United States. There are several scholarships offered to students at Carnegie Mellon.
Carnegie Mellon University is a private research university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1900 by Andrew Carnegie as the Carnegie Technical Schools, the university became the Carnegie Institute of Technology in 1912 and began granting four-year degrees.
CMU is a global research university known for its world-class, interdisciplinary programs: arts, business, and engineering programs. Moreover, it ranks 25th in the National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Carnegie Mellon offers 90 programs and majors, including minors, within its six undergraduate schools, colleges, and inter-college degree programs.
Carnegie Mellon Scholarships
- CMU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- Despite that, it may not meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
CMU is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 24%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Carnegie Mellon.
- Scholarships are offered on the basis of the financial need of the applicants.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Carnegie Mellon Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the college may not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- 76% of the freshmen receive financial assistance.
- CMU has the financial aid budget of over $64 million.
- 99% of the students with family income less than $50,000 qualify for aid.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 50,820.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- CMU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: No later than April 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Carnegie Mellon University.