Capitol Technology University is a very good private university in Maryland, United States. Many highly talented and motivated students get good scholarships at Capitol Technology University.
Capitol Technology University is a private university in South Laurel, Maryland near Washington, DC. The university was founded in 1927 as the Capitol Radio Engineering Institute by a former US Navy Radioman.
Capitol is one of the reputed colleges in Maryland, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 153rd position in the Best Colleges for Engineering in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, it offers more than 20 major programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Capitol Technology University Scholarships
- Capitol has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Capitol is one of the decently selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 85%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Capitol Technology University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Capitol Technology University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Capitol.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $9,365.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Capitol writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Priority Deadlines: March 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Capitol Technical University.