California Lutheran University is one of the good private universities in California, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at California Lutheran University.
California Lutheran University is a private liberal arts university in Thousand Oaks, California, United States. It was founded in 1959 and is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
CLU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 14th position in Regional Universities West in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 30 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. CLU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
California Lutheran University Scholarships
- CLU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
CLU is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 64%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at California Lutheran University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
California Lutheran University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at CLU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,497.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- CLU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Action: November 1
Regular Decision: January 1
Lastly, here is the official link to California Lutheran University.