Buffalo State College is one of the good public universities in New York, United States. Many top and deserving students get good scholarships at Buffalo State College.
The State University College at Buffalo, also known as Buffalo State College is a public college in Buffalo, New York, United States. It is part of the State University of New York system. The college was founded in 1871 as the Buffalo Normal School to train teachers.
SUNY Buffalo is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 120th position in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 75 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. SUNY Buffalo’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Buffalo State College Scholarships
- SUNY Buffalo has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
SUNY Buffalo is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 64%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Buffalo State College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Buffalo State College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at SUNY Buffalo.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $7,387.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- SUNY Buffalo writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Buffalo State College.