Birmingham Southern College is one of the very good private liberal arts colleges in Alabama, United States. Many academically excellent and brilliant students get good scholarships at Birmingham Southern College.
Birmingham Southern College is a private liberal arts college in Birmingham, Alabama, United States. It was founded in 1856. Similarly, it is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
BSC is one of the reputed universities in Alabama, United States. In fact, it ranks 119th in the National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 130 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Birmingham Southern College Scholarships
- BSC has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
BSC is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 48%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Birmingham Southern College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Birmingham Southern College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at BSC.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $24,334.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- BSC writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Late January
For Regular Decision: February 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Birmingham Southern College.