Bennington College is one of the reputed liberal arts colleges in Vermont, United States. Many high achieving and talented students get good scholarships at Bennington College.
Bennington College is a private liberal arts college in Bennington, Vermont. The college was founded in 1932 to explore new approaches in higher education, including an emphasis on self-directed learning and hands-on experience in the field. Originally a women’s college, it became co-educational in 1969.
Bennington is one of the top liberal arts colleges in Vermont, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 87 in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, Bennington has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers more than 40 majors, minors and several other concentrations across a range of disciplines.
Bennington College Scholarships
- Bennington has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it does not meet the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
Bennington is one of the most reputed universities in the Northwest. It has an acceptance rate of 58%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Bennington College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Bennington College Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, it does not meet full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students
- About 92% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $33,000.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Dimensional writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: December 14
For Early Action: December 1
Notification: February 1
For Early Decision II: January 15
Notification: February 8
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: March 22
Lastly, here is the official link to Bennington College.