Augsburg University is one of the top liberal arts universities in the United States. Many deserving students get good scholarships at Augsburg University.
Augsburg University is a private liberal arts college in Minneapolis, Minnesota that is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Upon its founding in 1869, it was a Norwegian-American Lutheran seminary known as Augsburg Seminarium. Its first college class began in the fall of 1874.
Augsburg is one of the top university in the United States. In fact, it ranks in the 1st position in Regional Universities Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges
Likewise, Augsburg has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers more than 50 majors, minors and several other concentrations across a range of disciplines.
- Augsburg has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it does not meet the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
Augsburg is one of the most reputed universities in the Midwest. It has an acceptance rate of 42%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Augsburg University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Augsburg University Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, it does not meet full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students.
- Augsburg has the financial aid budget of over $15 million.
- About 80% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $30,833.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Augsburg writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: December 1
For Rolling Admission: May 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Augsburg University.