Appalachian State University is one of the very good colleges in North Carolina, United States. many talented and deserving students get good scholarships at Appalachian State University.
Appalachian State University is a public university in Boone, North Carolina. It was founded as a teacher’s college in 1899 by brothers B.B. and D.D. Dougherty. Later, in 1929, it became a four-year degree granting institution.
App State is one of the reputed universities in North Carolina, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 9th position in Regional Universities South in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 150 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Appalachian State University Scholarships
- App State has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
App State is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 68%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Appalachian State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Appalachian State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at App State.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $4,373.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- App State writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Late December
Regular Decision: February 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Appalachian State University.