Alfred State University is one of the very good public universities in New York, Universities. Many academically excellent and talented students get good scholarships at Alfred State University.
Alfred State, the State University of New York College of Technology located in Alfred, Allegany County, New York, is a public college and one of the eight Colleges of Technology within the SUNY system. It was founded in 1908.
Alfred State is one of the reputed universities in New York, United States. In fact, it ranks in 14th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Alfred State University Scholarships
- Alfred has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Alfred is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 70%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Alfred State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Alfred State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Alfred State.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $9,190.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Alfred writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Regular Decision: May 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Alfred State University.