Alaska Pacific University is one of the very good universities in the United States. Many talented and motivated students get good scholarships at Alaska Pacific University.
Alaska Pacific University is a small liberal arts and sciences college located in Anchorage, Alaska. Originally established as Alaska Methodist University in 1957, it was founded by Peter Gordon Gould.
APU is one of the reputed universities in Pennsylvania, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 43rd in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 11 majors in the fields of social sciences, arts and sciences which gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Alaska Pacific University Scholarships
- APU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
APU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 55%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Alaska Pacific University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Alaska Pacific University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at APU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $18,840.
All applicants apply online through the APU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- APU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Alaska Pacific University.