Vassar College is one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Many academically excellent and high achievers get good scholarship opportunity at Vassar College.
Vassar College is a private, coeducational, liberal arts college in the town of Poughkeepsie, New York. Founded in 1861 by Matthew Vassar, it was the second degree-granting institution of higher education for women in the United States. It became coeducational in 1969 and now has a gender ratio at the national average.
Vassar is one of the most reputed liberal arts college in the United States. In fact, it ranks in the 12 in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, Vassar offers 51 areas of study across four academic divisions: humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering. Or, students have the freedom to work with professors to create their own major.
Vassar College Scholarship Award
- Vassar has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not be able to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
- The college offers scholarships on the basis of merit, need, and academic excellence.
Vassar is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 27%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get good scholarship opportunity at Vassar.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Vassar College Financial Aid Details
- 61% of their students receive aid to help pay for their years at Vassar.
- Vassar meets 100% of the full demonstrated financial meet of admitted students.
- Similarly, the average grant/scholarship award for students is $48,872.
All applicants apply through the Common Application.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- Vassar writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Vassar College.