The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Few best and brilliant students get a very good scholarship opportunity at UNC-Chapel Hill.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is the nation’s first public research university in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. It is the flagship of the 17 campuses of the University of North Carolina system.
UNC-Chapel Hill is one of the top public universities in the US, in fact, it ranks 29th in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is home to a highly intellectual teaching faculty and best core curriculum.
Likewise, university offers more than 90 majors and minors covering the fields of STEM, arts, social sciences and humanities. Furthermore, it offers several interdiscplinary courses.
UNC-Chapel Hill Scholarships
- UNC-Chapel Hill has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- It provides scholarship on the basis of financial need of students, on academic excellence and athletic scholarships.
- As a result, it may or may not be able to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
UNC-Chapel Hill is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 29%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
UNC-Chapel Hill Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, sometimes it may not be able to meet full demonstrated financial need.
- UNC-Chapel Hill has the financial aid budget of over $47 million.
- About 65% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $24,735.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UNC-Chapel Hill writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: October 15
Notification: Late January
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is an official link to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.