Skidmore College is one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Few high achieving students get excellent scholarship opportunity at Skidmore.
Skidmore College is a private liberal arts college in Saratoga Springs, New York. It was first established in 1911 by Lucy Ann Skidmore as all-women college. After six decades, in 1971, it started admitting men as well and became a co-educational college.
Skidmore is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the US, in fact, it ranks 41st in the National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is home to a highly intellectual teaching faculty and best core curriculum.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors in various fields of Bachelor in Arts and Bachelor in Science.
Skidmore College Scholarships
- Skidmore has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- It provides scholarship on the basis of financial need of students and on academic excellence.
- As a result, it may or may not be able to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
Skidmore is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 34%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Skidmore.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Skidmore College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, sometimes it may not be able to meet full demonstrated financial need.
- Skidmore has the financial aid budget of over $40 million.
- About 52% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 47,620.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Skidmore writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is an official link to Skidmore College.