Scripps College is one of the elite colleges in the United States. As it has decent financial aid policy, deserving students may get a good scholarship opportunity at Scripps College.
Scripps College is an all-women, private residential liberal arts college in Claremont, California. It is one of the institutions of the contiguous Claremont Colleges which share adjoining campus grounds.
Scripps is one of the best liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks 26th in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
The college offers majors and minors on more than 50 different fields, however, a student has the freedom to create their own curriculum provided that it is offered in one of the Claremont Colleges. Furthermore, Scripps has a curricular emphasis on the social sciences, behavioral sciences, international programs, and media studies.
Scripps College Scholarship Award
- Scripps offers a scholarship award on the basis of applicants’ financial need.
- Similarly, Scripps commits to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
Scripps is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 27%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Scripps.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Scripps College Financial Aid Details
- Scripps commits to meet the full demonstrated financial need of admitted students.
- During the 2016-17 academic year, approximately 58% of the Scripps student body received some form of financial assistance.
- The average total need-based/grant awarded to the students is $46,073 in 2018-19.
- The total cost of attendance in the year 2018-19 is $78,588.
All applicants apply through the Common Application portal.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- Scripps writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, hers is the official link to Scripps College.