Northeastern University is one of the top universities in the United States. Few deserving students get a good scholarship opportunity at Northeastern.
Northeastern University is a private research university in Boston, Massachusetts, established in 1898. It is categorized as an R1 institution by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
Likewise, Northeastern is renowned for its academic rigors and highly intellectual faculty. In fact, it ranks 38th in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Similarly, it provides more than 50 diverse majors and numerous possible minors, all featuring direct access to field-leading professors.
Northeastern Scholarship Award
- Northeastern has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not be able to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
Northeastern is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 26%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Northeastern.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Northeastern Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the college may or may not be able to commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Northeastern has the financial aid budget of over $263 million.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 50,342.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Northeastern writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Northeastern University.