Middlebury College is one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Many highly talented and high achieving students get excellent scholarship opportunity at Middlebury.
Middlebury College is a private liberal arts college in Middlebury, Vermont. It was founded in 1800 by Congregationalists, making it the first operating college or university in Vermont. Ever since its establishment, it has been providing a world-class education to its students.
Moreover, Middlebury is counted amongst the best liberal arts college in the United States. In fact, it ranks 6th in the National Liberal Art Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Middlebury offers 72 areas of study across four academic divisions: humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering. Or, students have the freedom to work with professors to create their own major.
Middlebury College Scholarship Award
- Middlebury has a need-blind policy for domestic students whereas need-based policy well as international students.
- Despite that, it meets the full demonstrated need of all the admitted applicants.
- The college offers scholarships on the basis of merit, need and academic excellence.
Middlebury is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 17.5%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get good scholarship opportunity at Middlebury.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Middlebury College Financial Aid Details
- 68% of their students receive aid to help pay for their years at Middlebury.
- 47% of their students receive some kind of merit-based scholarships.
- The average grant/scholarship award for students is $48,290.
- Middlebury has a very generous scholarship budget of $60 million.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- Middlebury writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Middlebury College.