Lafayette College is one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Many highly talented and high achieving students get excellent scholarship opportunity at Lafayette.
Lafayette College is a private liberal arts college based in Easton, Pennsylvania, with a campus in New York City, New York. Founded in 1826 by James Madison Porter and the citizens of Easton, the school first held classes in 1832. Since then, it has been providing a world-class education to its students.
Moreover, Lafayette is counted amongst the best liberal arts college in United States. In fact, it ranks 36th in the National Liberal Art Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Lafayette offers 51 areas of study across four academic divisions: humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering. Or, students have the freedom to work with professors to create their own major.
Lafayette College Scholarship Award
- Lafayette has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not be able to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
- The college offers scholarships on the basis of merit, need, academic excellence and athletic prowess.
- The names of Lafayette scholarships are The Marquis Awards, Athletic Scholarships, Posse Scholarships, and Tuition Exchange Scholarships
Lafayette is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 27%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get good scholarship opportunity at Lafayette.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Lafayette College Financial Aid Details
- 52% of their students receive aid to help pay for their years at Lafayette.
- The average grant/scholarship award for students is $43,542.
- Lafayette has a very generous scholarship budget of $52 million.
All applicants apply through the Common Application.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- Lafayette writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Lafayette College.