Howard University is one of the reputed universities in the United States and offers a generous scholarship opportunity to exceptional students.
Howard University is a private, federally chartered historically black university in Washington, D.C. It is categorized by the Carnegie Foundation as a research university with higher research activity and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Howard ranks 81th in university rankings in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Similarly, in 2018 edition of QS World University Rankings, it ranks 501st.
Moreover, Howard offers four-year degrees in more than 130 areas of study in chemistry, mathematics, physics, computer, science, biology, and engineering, interdisciplinary degrees in mathematical biology, and joint majors in computer science and mathematics or in biology and chemistry.
Howard University Scholarship Award
- Howard has a need-blind policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it does not meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
Howard is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 49%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Howard.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Howard University Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- Also, the college does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Approximately 79% of students receive some form of financial aid.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $10,000.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Howard writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Howard University.