Haverford College is one of the leading liberal arts colleges in the United States. Few academically talented and extraordinary students may get a good scholarship opportunity at Haverford.
Haverford College is a private liberal arts college in Haverford, Pennsylvania. It was primarily established as an all-male college but in the year of 1980, it started co-educational programs.
Similarly, Haverford is counted as one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Further, it ranks 18th in the National Liberal Arts College in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, at Haverford, you can choose from 27 majors and 33 minors within traditional academic departments, as well as from 13 concentrations within interdisciplinary programs.
Haverford College Scholarship Award
- Haverford has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- Despite that, it meets the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
- The college offers scholarships on the basis of merit, need and academic excellence.
Haverford is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 24%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get good scholarship opportunity at Haverford.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Haverford College Financial Aid Details
- 60% of their students receive aid to help pay for their years at Haverford.
- 47% of their students receive some kind of merit-based scholarships.
- The average grant/scholarship award for students is $50,101.
- Haverford has a very generous scholarship budget of over $55 million.
Additionally, all applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Haverford writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Haverford College.