Harvey Mudd College is one of the best colleges in the United States and offers a generous scholarship opportunity to exceptional students.
Harvey Mudd College is a private residential undergraduate science and engineering college in Claremont, California. It is one of the institutions of the contiguous Claremont Colleges which share adjoining campus grounds.
HMC ranks 12th in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Similarly, in 2018 edition of QS World University Rankings, it ranks 39th.
Moreover, HMC offers four-year degrees in chemistry, mathematics, physics, computer, science, biology, and engineering, interdisciplinary degrees in mathematical biology, and joint majors in computer science and mathematics or in biology and chemistry.
Furthermore, Students may also elect an Individual Program of Study (IPS) or an off-campus major offered by any of the other Claremont Colleges, provided one also completes a minor in one of the technical fields that Harvey Mudd offers as a major.
For US Citizens and Permanent Residents
Although HMC offers a fully funded undergraduate degree, it limits to a small amount of highly deserving candidates.
Nevertheless, HMC offers the need-blind scholarship to all the first year applicants who are US-citizens or permanent residents. Furthermore, one may find a very generous scholarship opportunity at Harvey Mudd.
- All US-citizens and permanent residents are eligible for the scholarship.
- A student should demonstrate strong academic performance and extra-curricular activities. Similarly, an exceptional application may boost the chances of getting in.
- The scholarship is awarded regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
For International Students
On the contrary, in the case of international students, HMC analyzes the application on a need-aware basis. In other words, the admission office considers an applicant’s financial situation during the admission process.
However, if accepted, HMC commits to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicant.
- All international students are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants should demonstrate strong academic performance and extracurricular activities.
- An exceptional application too may boost the chances of getting in.
Financial Aid Details
- About 73% of Harvey Mudd students receive financial aid (in the combination of grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study).
- Similarly, 48% of Harvey Mudd students receive need-based aid.
- The average total need-based/grant awarded to the students is $42,080 in 2018-19.
- The cost of attendance in the year 2018-19 is approximately $76,953.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- Harvey Mudd writing supplement of the different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 15 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 5
Notification: Late March
Official link to Harvey Mudd College.