Hamilton College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many high achieving and highly talented students get a good scholarship opportunity at Hamilton.
Hamilton College is a private, nonsectarian liberal arts college in Clinton, New York. It was founded as Hamilton-Oneida Academy in 1793 and was chartered as Hamilton College in 1812 in honor of inaugural trustee Alexander Hamilton.
Hamilton is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the US, in fact, it ranks 18th in the National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is home to a highly intellectual teaching faculty and best core curriculum.
Likewise, Hamilton is a place in which students are surrounded by brilliant, funny, happy and truly nice people and offers majors in 46 different fields and concentrations in 13 other fields.
Hamilton Scholarship Award
- Hamilton has a need-blind policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it meets the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
Hamilton is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 24%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Hamilton.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the college commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need if admitted.
- Hamilton also offers loans to its students and their parents.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 42,968.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Hamilton writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is an official link to Hamilton College.