Georgia Institute of Technology is a technology-focused and one of the top research universities in the United States. Many tech-savvy and talented students get a good scholarship opportunity at Georgia Tech.
The Georgia Institute of Technology, commonly referred to as Georgia Tech, is a public research university and institute of technology in Atlanta, Georgia. It is part of the University System of Georgia and has satellite campuses in Savannah, Georgia; Metz, France; Athlone, Ireland; Shenzhen, China; and Singapore.
Georgia Tech is counted amongst the best when it comes to technology and STEM-related course. In fact, it ranks in 34th position in the National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, it offers about 120 majors and minors covering the fields of STEM, computer, business, social sciences and humanities.
Georgia Tech Scholarship Awards
- Georgia Tech has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- It provides scholarship on the basis of financial need of students and on academic excellence.
- As a result, it may or may not be able to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
Georgia Tech is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 30%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Georgia Tech.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Georgia Tech Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, sometimes it may not be able to meet full demonstrated financial need.
- Georgia Tech has the financial aid budget of over $102 million.
- About 68% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 20,820.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Georgia writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: December 1
For Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is an official link to Georgia Institute of Technology.