Dickinson College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many highly talented and brilliant students get good scholarship opportunity at Dickinson.
Dickinson College is a private liberal arts college in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1773 as Carlisle Grammar School, Dickinson was chartered September 9, 1783, six days after the signing of the Treaty of Paris, making it the first college to be founded after the formation of the United States.
Dickinson is one of the best universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 45th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 80 undergraduate majors and minors, including a number of interdisciplinary programs. Additionally, students are free to develop their own majors depending upon their interest by working with professors.
Dickinson College Scholarships
- Dickinson has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- However, it meets the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Dickinson is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 46%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Dickinson.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Dickinson College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the university commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Dickinson has the financial aid budget of over $60 million.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $37,070.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Dickinson writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Dickinson College.