Denison University is one of the top liberal arts university in the United States. Many academically excellent and talented students get good scholarship opportunity at Denison University.
Denison University is a private liberal arts university in Granville, Ohio. Founded in 1831, it is Ohio’s second-oldest liberal arts college. Denison is a member of the Five Colleges of Ohio and the Great Lakes Colleges Association.
Denison is one of the best universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 41st position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 42 undergraduate majors and several other courses known as concentration, including a number of interdisciplinary programs. Denison also prepares students in the pre-professional programs of Law, Medicine, Health, and Business.
Denison University Scholarships
- It has a need-blind policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it meets the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Denison is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 38%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Denison University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Denison University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission without considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the university commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- 97% of the students receive some kind of financial assistance at Denison.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $39,472.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Denison writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Denison University.