Davidson College is one of the highly reputed liberal arts colleges in the United States. As it has a high endowment fund, undergraduate seeking students may get generous scholarship opportunity at Davidson.
Davidson College is a private liberal arts college in Davidson, North Carolina with a historic 665-acre main campus and a 110-acre lake campus on Lake Norman. Further, college annually enrolls about 2000 students from 47 different states and more than 50 countries.
Davidson is most famous for its academic rigors and excellence. This is the reason why the college has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars. The college provides 30 different majors and 26 minors along with some other interdisciplinary minors.
- Davidson has a need-blind policy for domestic whereas it has a need-based policy, international students.
- Despite that, it meets the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
For US Citizens and Permanent Residents
Although Davidson offers a fully funded undergraduate degree, it limits to a small amount of highly deserving candidates.
Nevertheless, it offers the need-blind scholarship to all the first year applicants who are US-citizens or permanent residents. So, one may get an excellent scholarship opportunity at Davidson.
- All US-citizens and permanent residents are eligible for the scholarship.
- A student should demonstrate strong academic performance and extra-curricular activities. Similarly, an exceptional application may boost the chances of getting in.
- The scholarship is awarded regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
For International Students
On the contrary, Davidson analyzes the application on a need-aware basis for international students. In other words, the admission office considers an applicant’s financial situation during the admission process.
However, if accepted, Davidson commits to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicant.
- All international students are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants should demonstrate strong academic performance and extracurricular activities.
- Similarly, an exceptional application too may boost the chances of getting in.
Additionally, Davidson offers scholarships under different names and programs. For more details, here is the link to Davidson Scholarship page.
Financial Aid Details
- Approximately 66% of Davidson students receive financial aid (in the combination of grants, scholarships, and work-study).
- Similarly, it has one of the best scholarship budgets with over $45 million.
- The average total need-based/grant awarded to the students is $41,026 in 2018-19.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Davidson writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- Peer recommendation
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Official link to Davidson College.