Colgate College is one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Due to its generous financial aid/grant policy, one offers great scholarship opportunity at Colgate.
Colgate College is a private liberal arts college in Hamilton, New York. In 1820, the Baptist Education Society of the State of New York established the college with the aim of providing good quality education.
Likewise, Colgate is renowned for its academic rigors and highly intellectual faculty. In fact, it ranks 12th in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Similarly, it provides offer 56 diverse majors and numerous possible minors, all featuring direct access to field-leading professors.
- Colgate has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- Despite that, it meets the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
Colgate is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 27%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Colgate.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the college commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Colgate has the financial aid budget of over $43 million.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 53,861.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Colgate writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Colgate College.