Colby College is one of the highly reputed liberal arts colleges in the United States. Very best and bright students student in this college and one can also get a generous scholarship opportunity at Colby.
Colby College is a private liberal arts college in Waterville, Maine. It was founded in 1813 as the Maine Literary and Theological Institution until it was renamed after the city it resides in with Waterville College.
Colby is one of the top colleges in USA, in fact, it ranks 12th in the National Liberal Arts College in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Likewise, it offers 58 majors and 35 minors, or students are free to design their own independent major.
- Colby has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- Despite that, it meets the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
Colby is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 23%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Colby.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the college commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Families with income $200,000 and less are qualified for some kind of financial assistance.
- Similarly, the total amount of money paid by families with income less than $60,000 is $0.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 43,220.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Colby writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision I: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Early Decision and Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Colby College.