Bucknell University is one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Few high achieving students get excellent scholarship opportunity at Bucknell.
Bucknell University is a private liberal arts college in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. The university consists of the College of Arts and Sciences, Freeman College of Management, and the College of Engineering.
Bucknell is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the US, in fact, it ranks 33rd in the National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is home to a highly intellectual teaching faculty and best core curriculum.
Bucknell was founded in 1846 and features programs in the arts, humanities, sciences, social sciences, engineering, management, education, and music, as well as programs and pre-professional advising that prepare students for study in law and medicine. It offers nearly 50 majors and over 60 minors where nearly 25% of the students double up on major.
- Bucknell has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- It provides scholarship on the basis of financial need of students, on academic excellence and athletic scholarships.
- As a result, it may or may not be able to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
Bucknell is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 24%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Bucknell.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
- For athletic scholarship, students should exceptionally good in respective sports.
- Similarly, for art merit scholarships, students should prepare an art supplement that demonstrates their talents.
Bucknell Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, sometimes it may not be able to meet full demonstrated financial need.
- Bucknell has the financial aid budget of over $47 million.
- About 62% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 40,820.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Bucknell writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is an official link to Bucknell University.