Binghampton University is one of the best public university in New York, USA. Many talented and bright students get good scholarship opportunity at Binghampton.
The State University of New York at Binghamton, commonly referred to as Binghamton University and SUNY Binghamton, is a public research university with campuses in Binghamton, Vestal, and Johnson City, New York, United States. It is one of the four university centers in the State University of New York system.
Similarly, Binghampton is counted as one of the best public universities in the United States. Further, it ranks in the 8oth position in the National Universities and 32nd in Best Public Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, at Binghampton, students can choose from more than 45 majors within traditional academic departments, as well as from majors or concentrations within several interdisciplinary programs.
Binghampton University Scholarship Award
- Binghampton has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it does not meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
- The college offers scholarships on the basis of merit and academic excellence.
Binghampton is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 43%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get good scholarship opportunity at Binghampton University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Binghampton Financial Aid Details
- 45% of their students receive aid to help pay for their years at Binghampton.
- 13% of their students receive some kind of merit-based scholarships.
- The average grant/scholarship award for students is $15,472.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- Binghampton writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision I: November 1
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Binghampton University.