Baylor University is one of the top university in the United States. Many bright and talented students join and receive good scholarship opportunity at Baylor University.
Baylor University is a private Christian university in Waco, Texas. Chartered in 1845 by the last Congress of the Republic of Texas, it is one of the oldest continuously operating universities in Texas and one of the first educational institutions west of the Mississippi River in the United States.
Similarly, Baylor is counted as one of the best university in the state of Texas, USA. Further, it ranks 75 in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, at Baylor, students can choose from more than 120 majors within traditional academic departments, as well as from majors or concentrations within several interdisciplinary programs. It also prepares students for a professional career of Law and Medicine through Pre-Law and Pre-Med programs.
Baylor University Scholarship Award
- Baylor has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not be able to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
- The college offers scholarships on the basis of merit, need, academic excellence and athletic prowess.
Baylor is one of the selective in the states of Texas with the acceptance rate of only 39%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get good scholarship opportunity at Baylor University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Baylor University Financial Aid Details
- 92% of their students receive aid to help pay for their years at Baylor.
- In the year 2017-18, Baylor met the full need of 15% of its students.
- The average grant/scholarship award for students is $30,528.
- Baylor also offers loans on the basis of merit and need.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- Baylor writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision I: November 1
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Baylor University.