Babson College is one of the highly acclaimed Business Colleges in the United States of America. Very bright and creative entrepreneurship enthusiasts study at Babson. Few deserving international students get up to full scholarship at Babson.
Babson College is a private business school in Wellesley, Massachusetts. Firstly, established by Roger W. Babson as an all-male business institute in 1919 but after a few decades of its establishment, it became a co-ed educational institution.
Its central focus is on entrepreneurship education and is highly ranked in the United States. In fact, Babson entrepreneurship (undergraduate business program) has ranked #1 for 22 consecutive years.
Babson offers different types of scholarship on the basis of an applicant’s academic performance, financial need and extracurricular activities.
- It has a need-based policy for both national and international students.
- It may or may not be able to meet the full financial need of applicants for all the four years.
Global Scholarship Program for International Students:
Global Scholarship Program is a program designed especially for the very best and brightest young Global Leaders around the world (countries except for U.S and Canada). This program covers up to full tuition for all the four years of undergraduate studies and offered on the basis of financial need.
Presidential Scholarship Program:
Similarly, the Presidential Scholarship Program is a program designed for very creative and high achieving students with a keen interest and talent on entrepreneurship. This program covers up to half tuition for all the four years and is offered to students on the basis of merit.
Babson is one of the very selective colleges in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 24%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving international students may get a generous scholarship at Babson.
- All applicants must show high academic competence.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Similarly, high involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Moreover, all the applicants should have involved in some programs/events/activities that may have brought some positive changes in his/her community.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, it meets 100% of incoming students’ demonstrated need in the first year.
- Babson awards $43 million in undergraduate aid.
- Approximately 50% of Babson’s undergraduates receive financial assistance.
- Likewise, Babson commits to each student’s level of Babson Grant for four years (only if there is no change in the number in college and no major change to the family’s financial circumstances).
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Babson writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS ( optional)
For Early Action: November 1
Early Decision I: November 1
Early Decision II: January 2
Regular Decision: January 2
Lastly, here is the official link to Babson College.