The University of Southern California is one of the best research university in the United States. Many highly talented and high achieving students get generous scholarship opportunity at the University of Southern California.
The University of Southern California is a private research university in Los Angeles, California. Founded in 1880, it is the oldest private research university in California.
USC is one of the top research universities in the US, in fact, it ranks 21st in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is home to a highly intellectual teaching faculty and best core curriculum.
Likewise, USC offers more than 150 majors and minors covering the fields of STEM, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
University of Southern California Scholarships
- USC has a need-based policy for domestic students.
- In the case of international students, it does not provide need-based financial aid however, it provides scholarships on the basis of merit.
- It provides scholarship on the basis of financial need of students, on academic excellence and athletic scholarships.
- As a result, it may or may not be able to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
USC is one of the most selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 18%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at the University of Southern California.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
- For athletic scholarship, students should exceptionally good in respective sports.
- Similarly, for art merit scholarships, students should prepare an art supplement that demonstrates their talents.
University of Southern California Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the college may or may not be able to commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- USC has the financial aid budget of over $256 million.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 44,342.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- USC writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
USC does not have Early Decision or Early Action.
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to University of Southern California.