Apply for Scholarship at University of Ghana in Ghana. The deadline for this application is 31st March 2021.
The University of Ghana is currently inviting applications for the MIASA German African Tandem Fellowship in 2021.
The Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) is broadly dedicate to research in the Humanities and Social Sciences, with ‘Sustainable Governance’ as its central, but by no means exclusive topic. Also, overarching aims of MIASA are working towards a reduction of global asymmetries in knowledge production and bridging the cultural divide between anglophone, francophone and lusophone Africa.
Here’s what you need to know about being eligible for the MIASA German African Tandem Fellowship:
- Eligible for application are early career researchers
- Similarly, senior researchers (more than 6 years after completion of their PhD) from Germany and Africa in a relevant discipline of the Humanities or the Social Sciences are equally eligible.
- Also, applicants for a junior fellowship must have been awards their PhD between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2021; only applicants who completed their PhD on 31 March 2015 or earlier can apply for a senior fellowship.
- Likewise, relevant is the date on the official PhD certificate.
- The fellows’ salary costs will be met by MIASA for every full fellowship month on the principle of “no loss, no gain,” and paid directly to his/her home institution.
- Also, external fellows, i.e. fellows from outside the University of Ghana will, in addition, receive a monthly expense allowance of max. Likewise, the exact rates paid depends on the living situation of each fellow and will be negotiated individually.
- Non-affiliated senior fellows (more than 6 years after completion of their PhD) receive a monthly grant of max. 2.000 € in total. Likewise, while non-affiliated junior fellows will receive a monthly grant of max. 1.200 €. The exact rates paid depends on the living situation of each fellow and will be negotiated individually.
- Furthermore, for all external fellows, MIASA will provide accommodation and reimburse travel costs.
Applications can be submitted both in English and in French.