George Washington University is one of the top universities in the United States. Many talented and academically excelling students get a good scholarship at George Washington University.
George Washington University is a private research university in Washington D.C. It was chartered in 1821 by an act of the United States Congress and named after 1st US President George Washington.
George Washington is one of the best private research university in the United States. In fact, it ranks in the 56th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, GW has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers more than 75 majors, minors and concentrations across a range of disciplines. This enables students to specialize in practically anything, from accounting to world literature and everything in between.
George Washington Scholarships
- GW has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it does not meet the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
George Washington is one of the selective private universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 49%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at George Washington University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
George Washington Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, it does not meet full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students.
- GW has the financial aid budget of over $35 million.
- About 70% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $25,683.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- GW writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 2
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to George Washington University.