Claremont McKenna College is one of the best liberal arts colleges in the USA and provides generous scholarship to a few deserving candidates.
Claremont McKenna College is a coeducational, private liberal arts college in Claremont, California. Firstly, founded as a men’s college in 1946, CMC became coeducational in 1976. It is ranked 8 in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges and is, in fact, one of the most profound colleges.
Likewise, CMC has 31 majors in various fields with additional disciplines. In addition to completing major students have the option to complete a “sequence,” which consists of a series of courses related to a subject, and selected from different disciplines offered at CMC.
- Claremont Mckenna College does not offer a need-based scholarship. However, it does provide generous scholarship on merit bases.
- Although CMC provides the merit-based scholarship, the college may or may not be able to meet the demonstrated meet to students.
- All students are eligible for a merit-based scholarship. Furthermore, the admission office automatically considers all the applicants for the merit-based scholarship. However, the merit-based scholarship may not cover all the tuition fees and living costs.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
Financial Aid Details
As of 2018, CMC mainly offers financial aid in five types:
- Academic Scholarship
- Need Based Scholarship
- Federal Work Study
- Military/Veterans Assistance
Here is the link to Financial Aid page to CMC.
Furthermore, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- CMC Writing Supplement of the different application portal
- Exceptional Application essay.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcript
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Decision Deadline: November 1
Regular Decision Deadline: January 5
Lastly, here is the official Link to Claremont McKenna College.