Apply for the National Merit Scholarships in India, 2020. The deadline for the application is ongoing. The scholarship is for Bachelors and Masters degree in the subjects available in the host universities.
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students having a family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per annum, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
- The University will consider students with 80% or above in Class 12 of Board of Examination for the scholarship.
- Furthermore, for receiving scholarship benefit under Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Student an individual shall furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar
- Similarly, students pursuing regular courses from recognized educational institutions are preferred.
- Also, applicants can not receive any other scholarship scheme.
- Likewise, students of both ‘general and ‘reserved’ categories are eligible for this scholarship.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
The Scheme is in operational since 2008. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students having a family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per annum, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Additionally, the annual target is 82000 scholarships per year (41000 for boys and 41000 for girls) which has been divided amongst the State Education Boards based on the State’s population in the age group of 18-25 years. Students who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from a particular Board of Examination in class XII and pursuing the regular courses and not availing the benefit of any other scholarships are eligible to apply under this Scheme. Furthermore, the rate of scholarship is Rs. 10,000/- per annum for the first three years and Rs. 20,000/- per annum for the fourth and fifth year.
Value of Scholarship
- The successful applicants of National Merit Scholarships in India, 2019 will receive an award of Rs. 10,000 for the first three years and Rs. 20,000 per year for the fourth and fifth years.
Visit the official page for more information.