Mandela Washington Fellowship seeking Readers for 2023. The scholarship is for Young African Leaders.
Over the first eight years of the Fellowship, the program received nearly 300,000 applications from 49 sub-Saharan African countries for 5,800 Fellow slots. Your talents and expertise in helping score our high volume of applications are greatly appreciated !!
It is the flagship program of the U.S. Government’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI). YALI was created in 2010 and celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2020. Established in 2014, the Mandela Washington Fellowship has brought nearly 5,100 young leaders from every country in Sub-Saharan Africa to the United States for academic and leadership training.
Responsibilities and Duration
- Firstly, Readers will be responsible for evaluating program applications based on set guidelines and a scoring rubric. This is a great volunteer professional development and résumé -building opportunity for professionals or degree-seeking individuals.
- Secondly, The reading period will begin on September 14, 2022. And will comprise up to three separate reading phases.
- Each lasting approximately two weeks. From mid-September through early November.
- Thirdly, Selected readers will be assigned to one of the reading phases to review approximately 40 applications.
- Each application takes about 10-15 minutes to read and score. The total time commitment is estimated at 10 hours.
Eligibility of Mandela Washington Fellowship
- Ideal readers are academics and/or professionals with expertise in one or more of the Fellowship’s thematic areas
- have experience working in Africa, or experience working on sub-Saharan African issues
- U.S. Government employees and Fellowship Alumni are eligible.
- Lastly, Applicants for the 2023 Fellowship are not eligible to be readers.
If you are interested, please complete the application form as soon as possible. Submit the application form by September 2, 2022 to be eligible for the reading pool starting from the first phase.
Deadline : September 2, 2022
Lastly, visit the official website link given below for details.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities !!